Friday, February 20, 2009

Web Crit #4: ArtsEdge

Another one...

  • Content: 'Interdisciplinary curriculum' is music to my ears! Professional resources make it sound even better! Free teaching materials and guidelines you say?! Okay, I am definitely IN!  There is a lot here to check out. Not as exciting as CAN, but definitely useful. I love the Arts Days Calendar. Art Quotes along the side of pages is a fun little bonus. Featured lessons definitely drew me in too. But, be wary! Those 21st Century Skills are haunting us...in the Advocacy Essentials section, it appeared on the page as the highlighted report! I mean I want 21st Century skills, I have to have them, I need them...right? I mean I think I want them? Ummm, what? 
  • Design: I don't loveeee it, but it isn't bad either. I like that stories and sections have images, and sometimes audio/video components. I'm kind of bored with it to be honest. 
  • Usability: Not ideal link navigation, but it isn't completely burdensome. The 3 general main tabs are good, but then the subheadings beneath them are quite small and I lost them often, and just began to click around on the featured links that popped up in the main screen of that particular tab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment