Thursday, March 26, 2009

Web Crit #8: Mess Hall

Mess Hall

Content:Images galore. I love photos of recent and previously shown work. As for other content, I was left somewhat confused, even though I have heard people rave about Mess Hall a couple times now. 

Design:I don't know what it is, but I really like the design and the changing photos on the home page really grab my interest. It isn't too much at all. 

Usability: Ummm, in general, I agree with Caitlin's reaction to the site/organization. I'm left thinking "huh? what?" and as if I'm not meant to get it. And it doesn't have regular hours to visit, huh? and link navigation is not great, I would appreciate one main link bar, instead of haphazardly placed links. 

2 comments:

  1. Mess Hall's site is a reflection of the organization. It's got tons of interesting stuff lurking within, but occasionally leaves viewers a bit confused. Maybe a more extensive description of their mission/purpose would help? still, swing by for one of their events if you get the chance. it's a prime programming site for artist/activists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ray that Mess Hall's site reflects the nature of the organization itself. HOWEVER, I think they owe it to themselves to use this tool to be a little more clear about themselves. They could strike a balance between intriguing/helpful and overly explicit/conventional.

    ReplyDelete